The Maztang snow thrower is that kind of product people fear it’s too good to be true. It has an electric configuration that requires no maintenance or tune-ups. It is also ETL certified. And the price is so tempting that it makes a lot of people wonder: “Should I buy the Maztang instead of any other electric snow blower?” Or “Will I get the bang for the buck that everyone is talking about?”
We’ve made a research about this model manufactured by Maztang and shipped by VMInnovations and here’s what we found out.
Maztang snow thrower main technical features
First of all, this model is not a snow blower, but rather an electric snow thrower. The name says it, but the technical features prove it even better.
Basically, it’s a corded electric unit of small dimensions. Powered by a 13 amps motor, it was designed to cut through layers of snow of up to 10 inches. Its clearing path, as dictated by the rubber blade, is limited to 18 inches width and 10 inches depth.
According to the manufacturer, its maximum plowing capacity would be of 800 lbs of snow per minute. The adjustable chute, which rotates at 180 degrees, should allow discharging snow up to 30 ft away.
Being an electric model, we afford to be a bit skeptical on whether it can really stand by these plowing values. However, since it doesn’t run on batteries, like other models, it still has better chances. How smooth can the Maztang snow thrower go and how far can it really throw the snow? It would also depend on how heavy and wet the layer of snow really is.
More on how it works when you kick it out, coming up later as feedback from our readers.
The design of Maztang snow thrower
(Back to Top)
As expected for an electric model, this Maztang snow thrower has small dimensions. It measures 19.5 x 22 x 20 inches and weighs 36 lbs.
It only requires a light assemble once you take it out of the box. If you’re not comfortable with the written instructions, the photos are more than explanatory. You would just have to mount the handle and the lever and that was it.
Just the same, when you’ve done working with it, you can fold its handle and store it wherever you want. Being so small and lightweight, you can even keep it in the basement; going up on the stairs with it won’t be such a tremendous chore.
All in all, a Maztang snow thrower looks and feels sturdy. It has an ergonomic handle, foamed, for easier maneuver. And following the same ergonomic principle, it sits on two large plastic wheels with a ¼ steel axle.
But that’s probably not the smartest design choice, as some users already complain… Speaking of which, let’s have a look at some direct feedback from those who already tested it.
What customers have to say about the Maztang snow thrower
(Back to Top)
Feedback coming for this model is generally positive. The benefits and potential flaws we are about to list aren’t that big, so let’s cut to the subject:
On the plus side, the Maztang snow thrower:
- Comes with straight-forward and self-explanatory assembly instructions, so you shouldn’t have any problems setting it up;
- It works decent even on heavier and wetter snow;
- Seems sturdy and well-built, despite its small dimensions.
On the downside, the Maztang snow thrower:
- Can give you headaches when it comes to finding replacement parts – contacting the manufacturer is always the safest bet;
- Can be a little uncomfortable for taller persons – user at 6.1, for instance, complain that they need to stay in a bent position to reach the handle;
- Can be annoying with its big wheels that pick up ice and snow, making it harder to roll the snow blower.
Pros & cons of using this snow thrower
(Back to Top)
Electric units are generally desired but controversial. The fact that this one is corded gives it more credibility and trust. Have you ever researched the particularities of a decent snow thrower or snow blower? Then you can already anticipate how the Maztang snow thrower is doing:
- Affordable acquisition costs;
- Maximum portability, thanks to its low weight and large wheels;
- Convenient to use, due to its maintenance-free functioning system;
- Easy to store, with its foldable handle and small dimensions;
- Cheaper to use, since no fuel and oil are involved;
Works as much as you need it, since it doesn’t run on batteries.
- Limited coverage surface because of the cord;
- Not necessarily the most comfortable design, despite its best intentions;
- Efficiency varies depending on how wet the snow is;
- Finding parts is not as easy as with other models, from more popular manufacturers.
Warranty & support terms for the Maztang snow thrower
(Back to Top)
As opposed to many other products in this category, the Maztang snow thrower doesn’t come with a full 2-year warranty. And while it only provides 1-year warranty, the manufacturer tries scoring points by offering a 30-day customer satisfaction guarantee.
For any kind of malfunctions or questions regarding its functioning, it is best to contact the manufacturer or the seller.
Final considerations of Maztang snow thrower
(Back to Top)
Without a doubt, Maztang is not among the most popular or at least well-known manufacturers of such tools. However, their electric Maztang snow thrower is currently making waves in the online. People are curious about if and how it compares to its competitors. And from what we discussed above, it seems pretty clear. Its features and functionalities are in line with the ones of any other electric model.
So it’s just the tempting price and the shorter warranty that make a significant difference. Our opinion, however, is that the Maztang snow thrower would deserve your attention. Were you intending to get yourself a new snow blower for this year or for the next one? Give this one a try.