Briggs & Stratton is one of the world’s most renowned manufacturers of gasoline engines designed for outdoor power equipment. Their wide range of products couldn’t possibly overlook the segment of snow blowers. And in this chapter, Briggs and Stratton 1696619 snow thrower is one of the most popular products in their portfolio. What makes it stand up to the reputation of the brand?
Briggs and Stratton 1696619 main technical features
To begin with, it’s the quality of the engine. This particular model boasts a Briggs & Stratton 1150 Snow Series Engine that runs on synthetic oil. If the name doesn’t say much to you, perhaps the number will help you get a clearer sense.
The engine of this snow blower should easily start with one button push at temperatures of even -20 Celsius degrees. As a 250cc engine, it also generates an 11.5 ft-lb gross torque. In a nutshell, with a Briggs and Stratton 1696619 unit you should be able to clear paths of 27-inch width and 20-inch depth.
Aside from the 1150 snow series engine, there’s a friction disk drive system that will smooth things out even more. Expect to benefit from a 12-inch steel scroll auger that you can handle with 5 forward and 2 reverse speeds. As a medium-duty dual-stage snow blower, it easily handles heavy snowfalls and cleans everything down to the pavement.
The design of Briggs and Stratton 1696619 snow blower
(Back to Top)
Since the manufacturer values beauty just as much as utility, Briggs and Stratton 1696619 comes with some special design features. Its 189 pounds measure 43 x 29 x 56 inches. A tad bulkier one would say, but it’s a small price you’d have to pay for tackling blizzards fiercely.
If you’re tired of reviewing plastic snow throwers, the steel frame, chute and auger of this unit will please you. Even the gearbox is framed by a durable aluminum case, ensuring long-life and increased efficiency during the harshest conditions.
Before you start fearing it will be difficult to maneuver, consider the built-in LED headlights and the 14×4-inch solid tires. The combination of free hand control and central panel deflector will also prove handy. It will let you use the snow blower’s controls with one hand while driving this chubby unit with another hand.
Sure, everything gets a bit easier through one extra helper, the steel reversible skid shoes. No matter the type of snow you’re dealing with, these skid shoes will let you plow through snow effortlessly.
And if you’re still stuck on how much snow a Briggs and Stratton 1696619 unit can remove, have no fear. The dash mounted chute rotation together with the on panel chute deflector make a great team. Removing the snow has never been easier.
What customers have to say about Briggs and Stratton 1696619
(Back to Top)
With such a powerful machine and so tempting and comfortable design features, there couldn’t be many complaints about it. The reviews for this snow blower are generally positive, people appreciating its power. Of course, those ordering gas units also know that they imply some maintenance work, and they are ok with it. After all, the snow thrower does a great job even with wet snow.
On the downside, most users complain about the difficulties of assembling a Briggs and Stratton 1696619, since:
- It can take 1-2 hours to assemble, depending on how technical you are and how easy you understand the specifications.
- The user instructions are not very clear, which is why it would be better to search for some videos online.
- It doesn’t come with any assembling tools, meaning you’ll take out your own wrench/ratchet to put it together.
Another potential inconvenience would be that this Briggs and Stratton 1696619 snow blower isn’t particularly manufactured by Briggs & Stratton. While the engine is entirely their work, many other parts are provided by a third-party. This can make the process of asking for repairs or replacements a tad difficult, though not impossible.
Pros & cons of using this snow blower
(Back to Top)
From a glance, Briggs and Stratton 1696619 comes with plenty of benefits for everyone tired of powerless corded machines. The only thing left is to determine how much the benefits will compensate the eventual drawbacks:
- Simple and convenient push-button start;
- Sustained power through friction disc transmission;
- Maneuverability thanks to free hand control and reversible skid shoes;
- Convenient to use at dark due to the single LED headlights;
- Sturdiness ensured by the steel frame;
- Ease of use provided by the on panel deflector control;
- It uses regular gasoline; therefore, no oil-gas mixture will be necessary.
- A bit more complicated to assemble;
- A bit bulkier compared to other models;
- Works with fuel, which means extra care and dealing with some exhaust odors;
- It is somewhat pricey compared to other models.
Warranty & support terms for Briggs and Stratton 1696619
(Back to Top)
The warranty terms for a Briggs and Stratton 1696619 snow blower are quite common. The manufacturer offers a 3-year warranty against defects in material and/or workmanship.
One notable aspect is that the user has to support transportation fees when sending the unit for inspection in service.
As expected, no wearable items, routine maintenance or tune-ups are covered under this general warranty. And there are also specific actions that will prevent a defect benefiting from warranty, such as:
- Using parts that are not Briggs & Stratton original;
- Using insufficient or the wrong type of oil and gasoline (no more than 10% of ethanol in the gasoline formula!);
- Servicing of parts that are not supplied by Briggs & Stratton, such as equipment controls, transmissions, clutches etc.
- Overheating because of dirt, grass clippings or debris;
- Lack of routine maintenance, misuse, poor shipping or inappropriate engine installation.
When in need, access their official website and find the closest Authorized Service Dealer for your Briggs and Stratton 1696619.
Final considerations of Briggs and Stratton 1696619
(Back to Top)
Compared to all those models and manufacturers we reviewed so far, Briggs and Stratton 1696619 obviously comes from another breed. This snow blower makes for a serious investment that will worth every penny, the moment you’ll face a serious snowfall. And since you’ve probably heard of Briggs & Stratton before, the product really needs no other advertising. You just decide whether you want one of the best snow throwers our there or settle for anything else.